The procedure for connection to engineering infrastructure sources is regulated by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan as of July 16, 2001, No.242-II "On Architectural, Town Planning and Construction Activity in the Republic of Kazakhstan", Order No.750 of the Minister of National Economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan as of November 30, 2015, "On Approval of the Rules for organization of building and licensing procedures in the construction industry" (Building Regulations) and other laws and regulations in the field of architectural, town-planning and construction activities.
According to paragraph 18 of Article 1 of the said law, the engineering infrastructure is a set of enterprises (organizations), facilities (buildings and structures), communications and utilities, creating normal conditions for people's living, as well as for sustainable production or circulation of goods and services.
According to the Building Regulations, any construction project shall be implemented in accordance with the relevant right to the land plot and include the following phases:
1. Obtaining initial materials for development of construction projects;
2. Approval of the rough plan (draft design);
3. Design and review of construction projects;
4. Implementation of construction and installation works;
5. Acceptance and commissioning of the constructed facility.
The initial materials for development of construction projects include:
1) architectural and planning specification (hereinafter referred to as the APS);
2) technical specifications for connection to the engineering and utility sources (hereinafter referred to as the technical specifications);
3) cross-sections of roads and streets;
4) vertical grade elevations;
5) extract of the map from the detailed plan;
6) outline of the outdoor utility network routes.
The application for APS and technical specifications is submitted in accordance with Annex 1 to the Building Regulations to the structural unit of the local executive body that performs functions in the field of architecture and town planning through the website of "e-government" or State Corporation, attaching the following documents:
1) approved design assignment;
2) land plot title document;
3) a checklist in the form according to Annex 2 to the Building Regulations;
4) for individuals – a personal identification document.
The LEB that performs functions in the field of architecture and town planning sends the checklist to the engineering and utility services providers to obtain technical specifications. Within 5 (five working days) from the date of receipt of the checklist and topographic survey, the engineering and utility services providers shall prepare the technical specifications with a preliminary outline of the outdoor utility network routes and submit them to the structural unit of the LEB that performs functions in the field of architecture and town planning. If the planned construction complies with the approved detailed plan, the structural unit of the LEB that performs functions in the field of architecture and town planning shall prepare the following documents:
1) APS in the form according to annex 3 to the Building Regulations;
2) extract of the map from the detailed plan;
3) vertical grade elevations;
4) cross-sections of roads and streets; 5) outline of the outdoor utility network routes.
The structural unit of the LEB that performs functions in the field of architecture and town planning shall submit the prepared materials and documents to the State Corporation or places them on the “e-government” website. The technical specifications shall contain complete information on the schemes of the facility connection to communications, and on the work that shall be performed for a successful connection. They determine the connection points, the conditions for supply and the size of the allocated capacities, specify measures for accounting and saving of consumed resources. In addition, the technical specifications shall include the required environmental standards. Composition and content of technical specifications for engineering infrastructure of the facility: 1. Connection to public water supply and sewage networks: • connection points along water supply and sewage networks; pressure in water supply pipes; if the TS require check of the existing network for flow pass - the outline of networks with the indication of the connected facilities.
2. Heat supply:
- heat source;
- heat medium parameters (temperature in heating systems;
- pressure in the supply and return pipes);
- connection point;
- heat supply design;
- source of backup heat supply (if necessary); • requirements for heat medium accounting; • balance-sheet and operational ownership of the designed heat networks and the boundary line between the heat networks of the heat supply organization and the consumer.
3. Power supply:
- reference power supplies, to which the designed networks are connected;
- the scope of works to be done at the reference power supplies to connect the designed networks;
- voltage level in power supplies;
- currents of three-phase short circuits in the supply’s bus wires in the maximum and minimum modes;
- ground fault currents;
- type of chambers, types of protection relays and recommendations for choosing settings (set technical parameters, set mode or value, for example, the value of the current at which the protection should be activated);
- recommendations for choosing cables, complete parameters of cables to be laid or re-laid, loads on existing cables in normal and emergency modes;
- layouts and plans of existing network facilities (if necessary);
- list of telecontrol signals; • requirements for electricity metering;
- boundaries of liability and operating conditions.
4. Gas supply:
- connection point to gas supply networks;
- gas pressure at the connection point.
5. Installation of telephone system:
- indication of the network source (ATS, concentration unit, cabinet);
- indication of the place of connection;
- certificate of line entrance to the ATS, indicating (if necessary) the type of protective frames installed in the ATS cross and their capacity;
- layout of the existing telephone conduit, intended for laying a telephone cable to the construction site;
- scope of works required for installation of the facility’s telephone system (additional works).
6. Installation of radio system:
- place of connection to the network;
- scope of works required for connection to the radio network.
- configuration of the proposed system;
- signal levels of the received TV channels in the construction zone;
- recommended type of the system equipment;
- layout diagram with the indication of the place of connection to the existing network.
Obtainment and approval of technical specifications can take a long time, because each part is formalized by the relevant authority.
In addition, if the proposed communications connection route passes through the land plots that are not owned by the customer, it will be necessary to agree separately with the owners of each of them.
Documents are prepared free of charge. You can find the details of the requirements for obtainment of specifications at the architecture department, as well as from the service providers in your settlement. After this procedure, utility network designs shall be ordered.
Gas and electricity supply will require separate documents, water supply and sewerage need one common document.
Further, it is necessary to agree upon them with the service providers and the architecture department, and then the communications laying and trunk network cutting-in can be commenced.
The state town-planning cadastre is being currently developed in the Republic of Kazakhstan as an important element of the construction industry digitization. The town-planning cadastre will provide a unified system of data on all real estate and infrastructure facilities located above, on and under the ground. The town-planning cadastre allows to ensure transparency of architectural and construction activities, providing the necessary information to the population and businesses about the availability of infrastructure and possibility of connection to utility systems.