1. General information:
Investment subsidy is one of the measures of state support for investors implementing an investment priority project.
In accordance with paragraph 1 of Article 291 of the Enterprise Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, an investment subsidy is a type of budget subsidy provided as an investment preference on an unlimited and irrevocable basis to a legal entity of the Republic of Kazakhstan that has entered into an investment contract providing for an investment of at least five million dollars of the size of the monthly calculation index established by the law on the republican budget and valid on the date of filing the application for the issuance of investment preferences and the implementation of an investment priority project.
In order to promote regional development, an investment subsidy is provided on the basis of a decision of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan to an investor implementing an investment priority project.
2. Terms and conditions for granting state support measures:
Investment subsidies are provided in priority activities identified by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the provision of investment subsidies.
The investment subsidy is provided by reimbursing up to thirty percent of the cost of construction and installation work and the purchase of equipment without value added tax and excise taxes provided for in the work program of the investment contract.
The payment of an investment subsidy at the actual costs of construction and installation works and the purchase of equipment is carried out on the basis of supporting documents, but does not exceed the cost of the costs stipulated by the pre-project documentation having a state expertise opinion in the manner specified by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Documents confirming the actual costs of the investor are:
1) primary accounting documents executed in accordance with the legislation on accounting and financial reporting of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) invoices executed in accordance with the tax legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3) customs declarations executed in accordance with the customs legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The schedule and annual payment of investment subsidies are established within the framework of the investment contract by distributing the investment subsidy in equal shares for a period of not less than three years, but not more than the duration of the investment contract.
The investment subsidy is paid in coordination with the local executive bodies of the region, the city of republican significance and the capital at the place of project implementation after putting production into operation in full, subject to the performance of indicators set by the investment contract.
The rules for granting investment subsidies are approved by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
3. Required list of documents:
In order to receive investment preferences, a legal entity of the Republic of Kazakhstan submits an application to the Committee in accordance with Article 292 of the Entrepreneurial Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the provision of investment preferences with the following documents attached:
1) certificates of state registration (re-registration) of a legal entity;
2) copies of the charter of the legal entity, certified by the signature of the head and the seal of the legal entity (if any);
3) a business plan for an investment project drawn up in accordance with the requirements established by the order of the Minister for Investment and Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan of November 30, 2015 No. 1133 “On some issues of state support for investments”;
4) documents confirming the amount (value) of the state natural grant requested by the legal entity of the Republic of Kazakhstan submitted by the application and the preliminary approval of its provision.
If the application for the provision of investment preferences provides the provision of tax preferences and (or) investment subsidies, the investor submits a state expert examination of the pre-project and (or) project documentation in the manner prescribed by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, certified by the head of the enterprise, its availability).
4. Contact details of organizations responsible for providing a certain state support measures: