Kostanay region is one of the industrially developed regions of Kazakhstan.
There are mining, processing, motor industries, agricultural equipment production, light industry, food and beverages production in the region.Modern diversified industry of the region includes mills, factories, modern small-scaled enterprises.
In January 2017 the regional structure: mining industry - 39.2%, processing - 52,7%, power, gas, steam and air conditioning supply - 6.4%, water supply, sewerage system, control over collection and distribution of waste - 1.7%.
Kostanay region is one of the largest mining region of Kazakhstan. The enterprises produce 100 % of the national volume of iron ore pellets, bauxite and asbestos, 90% of iron ore.
The basis of the mining industry consists of such enterprises as JSC "SSGPO", JSC "Varvarinskoye", JSC "Kostanay Minerals",
, Lisakovsk branch of LLP "Orken", the branch of JSC "Kazakhstan Aluminum" KBRU, the branch of JSC "Kazakhstan Aluminum" TBRU and others.
Due to the increase in capital investment into the priority industrial sectors in recent years there have been new motor car, harvesting combines and other agricultural machinery assemblies opened,, metal rolling factory, construction materials enterprises created.
New mills, dairy farms, multiplication farms and feelots as well as meat processing facilities and creameries have been created for the agricultural complex.
The priority sectors of industry are actively developed on regular basis, additional jobs are created, new production facilities are put into operation.The industrial sector employs 45.4 thousand individuals.
The regional enterprises regularly expand their products range, introduce new technologies, equipment, open new production facilities as well as upgrade the existing ones.
As part of the implementation, stage I of the five-year period of Industrialization Map commissioned 77 sites in the amount of 115.8 billion tenge. Created 4753 new permanent jobs.
Map of business support 2015-2019, includes 19 projects with total investments of 333.4 billion tenge, and 4546 new jobs.
In 2016, under the framework of the Industrialization Map implemented three investment projects with total investments of 4.1 billion tenge, and 97 new jobs:
1. Modernization of vegetable oil plant in Kostanay, «K-Oil» LLC. The project cost is 324 million tenge, with the creation of 16 new jobs. Put into operation on March 30, 2016;
2. Expansion of the existing production. Construction biscuit shop #2 with auxiliary premises of JSC “Bayan Sulu”. The project cost 3.667 billion tenge, with the creation of 45 new jobs. Put into operation on September 22, 2016;
3. Shop construction for production of frame tent hangars in Lisakovsk city, “SpetsStalKonstruktsii”. The project cost is 120 million tenge, with the creation of 36 new jobs. Put into operation on November 30, 2016.
In 2017, under Map of business support is planned to put into operation three projects with total cost of 16 billion tenge, and 306 new jobs:
1. Plant construction for production of buckwheat in Toguzak village Karabalyk district, “SeverAgroProdukt” LLC. The project cost is 536.7 million tenge, with the creation of 28 new jobs;
2. Construction of microcalcite production plant in Denisovskoye district, “KazCalcite” LLC. The project cost is 700 million tenge, with the creation of 20 new jobs;
3. Cement plant construction in Rudniy city, “Rudniy cementniy zavod” LLC. The project cost is 14.777 billion tenge, with the creation of 258 new jobs.